Thursday, February 26, 2015

IDT1415 CW Entry 11 – ‘Sticks’ by G. Saunders used as a model for ‘detailed’ description exercises in the classroom.




Ink

 A flash fiction idea by Rob Martz.


It was early morning and we were ready for our first meal of the day. After all that travelling we were not hungry but hollow! As we crossed, we noticed how the street proudly wore a necklace of round pebbles adorned by street bollards which led to the entrance of our morning paradise. We garnished out plates with all sorts of delicacies and had almost finished tasting them with our eyes by the time we sat down. There was something missing on the table and so I effortlessly levitated towards the end of the counter and after rejecting a few of the available containers for lack of courtesy in their own presentation to a guest of such calibre, I proceeded to invite joe to lodge with moo juice in the beaker I’d be taking home with me. We strode back to my comrades and as I sat down, I stirred the concoction. The smell of the freshly brewed mocha was inviting and as it approached my mouth horror struck! ‘Excuse me!’ My personal space had been invaded by a representative of the arthropod family who had decided to go for a relaxing plunge unaware of the fact that moo juice would reveal its presence. A sense of repulsion invaded my gut and trigger a desire to annihilate the minions and the owner of such a lacking establishment. I rose and flounced towards the maître holding the cup as if it was a spear ready to strike. ‘Excuse me’ I authoritatively roared. ‘There’s an uninvited guest here!’ I affirmed de facto as I pointed in the direction of the pool where the invader was swimming unconsciously. ‘Oh, it’s just a ‘bichito’ Sir’. The minion said. ‘A ‘bichito’? A mosquito, an ant, and a horde of other representatives of the invertebrate kingdom are ‘bichitos’. This is the most representative of the Blattodea order! I want it evicted and fresh ink to be delivered at once!’ ‘You can procure it yourself from the same source’ the minion said. In disbelief, I retorted ‘That pot is a Jacuzzi for the Blatella Germanica! Please be my guest of honour in the gourmet tasting of the broth!’ Horror became terror as nothing disrupted the tasks of the minions and life continued as the scene had just been part of the daily routine. Fragrant ink using both to fill in the Jacuzzis of the Buenos Aires Blattodea Sports Club and the beakers of respectful guests! Never again!

No comments:

Post a Comment