Monday, February 2, 2015

IDT1415 CW Entry 2 - My Storybird Story for Teachers

I wrote this story for my teachers on CELTA courses last year and as a different way to introduce both the concept of storytelling in class and a Giuded Discovery Framework for language teaching. I revisited it just now making some changes and basically updating some of the ideas in it.

I used Storybird, which allows you to create your own stories while  adding beautifully ready made visuals from different designers.  You can also read stories already available there or as an educator create a class account and have your students write their own stories.

http://storybird.com/books/a-tale-of-8-stages-which-come-together-to-create-a/?token=qeue7nh3tk
(Click on the image to read the story!)

3 comments:

  1. Me, too! A fresh reminder of the key stages of a student-centred language class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both :-) I really like Storybird and Storytelling via this kind of media. I find it easier than and mroe inspiring.

    ReplyDelete